- Albrecht's Delafield Sentry
- 3255 Golf Road, Delafield, WI 53018
- Phone: 262-646-9483
- 1/4 cup virgin olive oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (4 cloves = about 4 tsp)
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Petite Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves (1/2 cup = 2/3 oz)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Heat oil in large skillet over high heat 1 minute. Add bell peppers, onions and garlic; cook 8 to 9 minutes, or until onions are tender and liquid is evaporated, stirring frequently.
- Add tomatoes, basil and vinegar; stir. Cook 1 minute or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Stir in almonds.
- Serve over hot cooked pasta, seafood or chicken. Or, serve spread onto French bread slices or wrapped in lettuce leaves as an easy appetizer.