- Albrecht's Delafield Sentry
- 3255 Golf Road, Delafield, WI 53018
- Phone: 262-646-9483
- 1-1/2 cups maple-flavored pancake syrup
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 pint fresh blueberries (1 pint = 2 cups)
- 4 eggs
- 8 tablespoons Parkay® Original-stick (8 tbsp = 1 stick)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 16 slices cinnamon-raisin bread
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Pour maple-flavored syrup into small saucepan. Split vanilla bean lengthwise in half; scrape the seeds from inside the pod into the syrup. Add the pod; stir. Bring just to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Simmer 10 minutes. Remove and discard the vanilla pod. Stir in blueberries. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 200°F. Beat eggs, cream, vanilla extract and sugar in shallow dish with wire whisk until well blended. Add enough bread to form single layer in dish; let stand 2 minutes, turning frequently.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons of the Parkay in large skillet over medium heat. Add soaked bread; cook 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown on both sides. Place on ovenproof serving platter; place in oven to keep warm. Repeat with remaining bread, remaining egg mixture and remaining 6 tablespoons Parkay. Serve topped with the warm blueberry sauce.