- Albrecht's Delafield Sentry
- 3255 Golf Road, Delafield, WI 53018
- Phone: 262-646-9483
- 2 medium poblano peppers
- 4 teaspoons Pure Wesson® Vegetable Oil, divided
- 1-1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled, cut in bite-sized pieces (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- Preheat broiler to HIGH. Drizzle peppers with 1 teaspoon oil; place on baking sheet. Broil peppers until skin is charred, about 12 minutes, turning halfway through. Transfer peppers to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and set aside until cooled.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in 5-quart saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant. Add chicken stock, undrained tomatoes, sweet potatoes, chicken, salt, pepper and paprika; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until sweet potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Peel blackened skin off peppers and discard skin, stems and seeds. Slice peppers and stir into soup. Continue cooking 5 minutes, until peppers are heated through.