- Albrecht's Delafield Sentry
- 3255 Golf Road, Delafield, WI 53018
- Phone: 262-646-9483
- 1 whole head large garlic bulb, unpeeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-1/2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled, cubed
- 1/4 cup Parkay® Original Spread-tub
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup reduced fat (2%) milk
- 1 pkg (3 oz each) cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (green part only)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut top off of garlic bulb to expose all cloves; discard top. Peel off loose paper-like skin from outside of bulb. Drizzle cut side with olive oil; wrap completely in aluminum foil. Place in small baking pan. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until soft. Cool 10 minutes. Squeeze garlic pulp from bulb; discard skins. (Can be made 1 day in advance.)
- Place potatoes in large saucepan; add enough water to completely cover potatoes. Bring to boil. Boil 10 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Drain; cover to keep warm.
- Melt Parkay in small skillet over medium heat. Add garlic pulp and onions; mix well. Cook 3 minutes, or until onions are tender, stirring occasionally. Add to potatoes along with the milk, cream cheese, salt and pepper. Mash until potato mixture is smooth and well blended.