- Albrecht's Delafield Sentry
- 3255 Golf Road, Delafield, WI 53018
- Phone: 262-646-9483
- 8 ounces dry cholesterol-free noodles or regular egg noodles, uncooked (8 oz = about 5 cups)
- 1 pound boneless beef top sirloin steak
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 12 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin slices, separated into rings
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 can (15 oz each) OR 1 carton (14.8 oz) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Pure Wesson® Vegetable Oil
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, cut beef into thin strips; season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat 1 minute. Add half of the steak; cook 3 minutes or until no longer pink, stirring constantly. Remove from skillet; place in medium bowl. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining steak; set aside.
- Add mushrooms, onions and vinegar to same skillet; mix well. Cook 5 minutes, or until liquid is almost evaporated, stirring occasionally. Return steak and any accumulated juices to skillet. Stir in tomato sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spoon sour cream into small bowl. Remove 1/2 cup of the tomato sauce mixture from skillet. Gradually add to sour cream, stirring until well blended. Return mixture to skillet; mix well. Drain noodles; spoon onto serving plate. Top with the steak mixture.