- Albrecht's Delafield Sentry
- 3255 Golf Road, Delafield, WI 53018
- Phone: 262-646-9483
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1-1/2 pounds large shrimp, deveined, unpeeled
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- chopped fresh chives, optional
- 1/4 cup Hunt's® Tomato Paste
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/4 pound cooked lobster meat, chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Peel shrimp and place shells and broth in medium saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat until simmering. Simmer 30 minutes. Strain through a fine mesh strainer and set broth aside. Chop flesh into bite size pieces; set aside.
- Melt butter in 5-quart saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Stir in shallot and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add flour and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in tomato paste and cook until bottom of pan begins to brown, about 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Whisk in sherry until smooth, scraping brown bits from bottom of pan. Stir in broth and half-and-half; bring to a gentle boil and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in shrimp and lobster and simmer 5 minutes, just until shrimp turn pink. Garnish each serving with chives, if desired.