- Albrecht's Delafield Sentry
- 3255 Golf Road, Delafield, WI 53018
- Phone: 262-646-9483
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- Chopped fresh parsley and mint, optional
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup dry unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 2 teaspoons finely choppped garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 pounds ground sirloin beef (90% lean)
- 2 cans (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- 5 white pita pocket breads (6-1/2 inch), cut in half, warmed
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon Pure Wesson® Vegetable Oil
- Spray inside of 4.5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Stir together eggs, bread crumbs, onion, parsley, garlic and spices in large bowl until well combined. Add meat to egg mixture and mix until just combined. Divide and roll meat mixture evenly into 20 meatballs.
- Working in batches, brown meatballs in skillet until browned on all sides. Pour 1 can tomato sauce into bottom of slow cooker. Place meatballs on top of sauce. Pour remaining tomato sauce over meatballs. Cook on LOW 4 hours or HIGH 2 hours.
- To serve: Place 2 meatballs in each pita half and top with some sauce. Top each pita with cheese, parsley and mint.