- Albrecht's Delafield Sentry
- 3255 Golf Road, Delafield, WI 53018
- Phone: 262-646-9483
- 1-1/2 pounds peeled, deveined large shrimp (31/40), tail off, thawed if frozen
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped garlic, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 large green plantains, peeled, cut into 1-1/2 inch slices
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Vegetable Oil
- Combine shrimp, lime juice, orange juice, 2 tablespoons garlic, 2 tablespoons oil and pepper in medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine plantains, remaining 1 tablespoon garlic and salt in large bowl; cover with water. Let stand 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain plantains and pat dry with paper towels.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 cup oil in large skillet to 350°F. Fry plantains 4 minutes on all sides or until golden yellow. Remove from skillet; drain on paper towels. Flatten plantains between sheets of waxed paper using a tostonera or bottom of can. Fry flattened plantains 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown, turning over once. Drain on paper towels; sprinkle immediately with garlic salt.
- Heat another large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp mixture; cook 3 to 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink, stirring frequently. Serve with tostones.