- Albrecht's Delafield Sentry
- 3255 Golf Road, Delafield, WI 53018
- Phone: 262-646-9483
- 1/4 cup virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 large = about 1 cup)
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1 pound dry pasta, uncooked
- 1 can (28 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves, or dried basil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot and celery; mix well. Cook 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes with their juice and the basil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook pasta according to package directions while the vegetables are cooking; drain.
- Pour sauce into blender or food processor container; cover. Pulse several times to coarsely chop sauce mixture. (Do not puree.) Serve over the pasta.