- Albrecht's Delafield Sentry
- 3255 Golf Road, Delafield, WI 53018
- Phone: 262-646-9483
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces hot Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas, optional
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into long strips
- 1-1/2 cups medium-grain white rice, uncooked
- Heat broth in small saucepan; keep warm.
- Heat large 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook 5 minutes or until crumbled and browned. Add oil, onion and garlic to skillet; cook 4 minutes.
- Stir in rice, paprika and salt until well combined. Add undrained tomatoes and mix in evenly. Place bell pepper strips in a circle around edge of skillet.
- Add 1 cup warm broth; simmer over medium-low heat 5 minutes without stirring. Add remaining 1 cup broth, cover and simmer 35 minutes or until most of liquid has been absorbed. Sprinkle green peas over paella, cover and let stand 5 minutes before serving.