- Albrecht's Delafield Sentry
- 3255 Golf Road, Delafield, WI 53018
- Phone: 262-646-9483
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup mild yellow banana pepper rings
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 6 hoagie rolls, toasted
- 6 thin slices (3/4 oz each) provolone cheese, cut in half
- 1/2 cup chopped giardiniera
- 1 cup lower sodium beef broth
- Spray inside of 4.5-quart slow cooker and large skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle beef with salt, Italian seasoning and pepper; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until browned on each side, turning once. Place beef in slow cooker.
- Add broth to skillet, stirring to loosen brown bits from bottom of skillet; pour over beef in slow cooker. Pour undrained tomatoes over beef. Cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours or HIGH 4 to 6 hours, until beef is very tender. Remove beef from slow cooker and shred with two forks; return to slow cooker.
- To serve: Place 2 pieces of cheese on bottom of each roll. Top evenly with shredded beef, giardiniera and peppers. Serve with cooking juices for dipping, if desired.