- Albrecht's Delafield Sentry
- 3255 Golf Road, Delafield, WI 53018
- Phone: 262-646-9483
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
- 2 cups Hunt's® Tomato Ketchup
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 3 pounds bone-in pork shoulder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 bags (10 oz each) yellow tortilla chips
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground black pepper, divided
- 1 pkg (16 oz each) tri-color coleslaw mix
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup diced bread-and-butter pickles
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- Combine drained tomatoes, ketchup, brown sugar, and onion in a 6 quart slow cooker. Stir and turn it to high heat.
- Season the pork on all sides with 1 tablespoon salt, paprika and 1 teaspoon pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and sear the pork on all sides until it is golden brown, about 10 to 12 minutes total.
- Transfer the pork to the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 5 hours or LOW for 8 hours. Once it is done cooking use 2 forks to shred apart; discard the bone.
- Stir together coleslaw mix, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in medium bowl. Keep cool before serving.
- Top a handful of tortilla chips with about 1/2 cup of shredded pork, some coleslaw and pickles.