- Albrecht's Delafield Sentry
- 3255 Golf Road, Delafield, WI 53018
- Phone: 262-646-9483
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- PAM® Baking Spray
- 2 cups Ultragrain® All Purpose Flour
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened (1/2 cup = 1 stick)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Streusel Topping: Beat 6 tablespoons butter, the brown sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add walnuts; mix well. (Mixture should form ball when pressed together.) Set aside.
- Cake Batter: Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 10-cup fluted tube pan with baking spray; set aside. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda in small bowl; set aside. Beat 1/2 cup butter and the granulated sugar in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Blend in eggs. Add sour cream; mix well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating on low speed after each addition until well blended. (Batter will be very thick.) Spoon 2/3 of the batter into prepared pan; spread evenly with spatula. Crumble about 2/3 of the Streusel Topping over batter in pan. Repeat layers with remaining batter and topping.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes; invert onto wire rack. Remove pan; cool cake completely. Dust with sifted confectioners' sugar, if desired. Cut into 12 slices to serve.