- Albrecht's Delafield Sentry
- 3255 Golf Road, Delafield, WI 53018
- Phone: 262-646-9483
- 2 cups Ultragrain® All Purpose Flour
- chopped walnuts, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup Pure Wesson® Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 cup lowfat buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded fresh carrots
- 1 pkg (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Prepare Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350°F. Line twenty 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside.
- Combine flour, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and salt in bowl. Place eggs, granulated sugar, oil, buttermilk and vanilla in large mixing bowl; mix with an electric mixer on low until blended.
- With mixer running, add flour mixture and then carrots. Mix until blended. Divide batter evenly into cups.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until done in centers. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
- Prepare Frosting: Place cream cheese and butter in medium bowl; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed 1 to 2 minutes or until creamy. Gradually add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; blend until smooth.
- Frost tops of cupcakes with frosting. Garnish with walnuts, if desired.