- Albrecht's Delafield Sentry
- 3255 Golf Road, Delafield, WI 53018
- Phone: 262-646-9483
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Vegetable Oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 cups frozen whole kernel corn, divided
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy (whipping) cream
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup crumbled Cotija or feta cheese
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in 5-quart saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and jalapeno and cook until tender, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in 2 cups corn, broth, undrained tomatoes, milk and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 2 cups corn and cook until golden brown, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Puree soup using an immersion blender until smooth. Stir in cream and roasted corn kernels. Garnish servings with tortilla chips, cheese and cilantro.