- Albrecht's Delafield Sentry
- 3255 Golf Road, Delafield, WI 53018
- Phone: 262-646-9483
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups fine pre-cooked white or yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup crumbled queso blanco
- 7 ounces smoked pork chorizo sausage (Spanish-style), chopped
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Petite Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1-1/2 cups Egg Beaters® Original
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, sliced
- 2 cups water
- Spray griddle with cooking spray; preheat over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, combine cornmeal, salt and pepper in large bowl. Stir in water. Lightly knead dough with hands just until dough comes together. Divide dough into 8 balls; flatten into patties about 4-1/2 inches wide. Place patties on hot griddle and cook 3 to 5 minutes per side or until golden brown and crisp.
- Meanwhile, spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add chorizo and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Drain; return to skillet. Add drained tomatoes and cook 1 to 2 minutes more. Remove mixture from skillet; set aside. Wipe skillet clean with paper towel.
- Add Egg Beaters to skillet; cook without stirring until edges and bottom begins to set. Gently turn to scramble; continue cooking until almost set.
- Top each arepa evenly with chorizo mixture, scrambled Egg Beaters, avocado and cheese. Serve immediately.