- Albrecht's Delafield Sentry
- 3255 Golf Road, Delafield, WI 53018
- Phone: 262-646-9483
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Blue Bonnet®-stick, softened (1/2 cup = 1 stick)
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- Candied sugars or colored sprinkles or Royal Icing (see Cook's Tips), optional
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside. Beat Blue Bonnet and 3/4 cup of the granulated sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add orange peel and vanilla; mix well. Blend in egg; beat 1 minute. Gradually add flour mixture, beating on low speed after each addition until well blended. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour, or until chilled.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray baking sheets with cooking spray; set aside. Roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness on lightly floured surface. Cut into desired shapes, using assorted 3-inch cookie cutters. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar. Place, 2 inches apart, on prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle with candied sugars, if desired.
- Bake 7 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks; cool completely. Frost with Royal Icing, if desired. Store in airtight container at room temperature.