- Albrecht's Delafield Sentry
- 3255 Golf Road, Delafield, WI 53018
- Phone: 262-646-9483
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 large yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise (3 squash = about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
- 6 round buttery-flavored crackers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Carefully scoop pulp from each squash half, leaving 1/4-inch shells and reserving pulp. Arrange shells in baking dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine crackers and cheese in small bowl; set aside.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon; cook 5 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Remove bacon from skillet; chop and set aside. Remove and discard half of bacon fat from skillet.
- Add onion and reserved squash to skillet. Cook 5 minutes or until onion and squash are lightly browned and softened, breaking up large pieces of squash. Stir in bacon, drained tomatoes and garlic powder; cook 2 minutes more. Spoon mixture into squash shells.
- Bake 20 minutes or until squash shells are tender. Top with cheese mixture. Bake 5 minutes more or until cheese melts.