- Albrecht's Delafield Sentry
- 3255 Golf Road, Delafield, WI 53018
- Phone: 262-646-9483
- 3/4 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup lowfat (1%) or whole milk
- 1/4 cup Egg Beaters® Original
- 2-1/2 cups Ultragrain® All Purpose Flour
- Additional Ultragrain® All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold Blue Bonnet®-stick (1/2 cup = 1 stick)
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine sweet potatoes, milk and Egg Beaters in small bowl; set aside. Mix 2-1/2 cups flour, the sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Cut in Blue Bonnet with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in center of flour mixture. Spoon potato mixture into well; stir just until mixture forms soft dough. (Do not overstir. Dough will be very sticky.)
- Place on lightly floured surface; sprinkle lightly with additional flour. Knead 5 or 6 times, or until dough is smooth and no longer sticky. Lightly pat dough to 3/4-inch thickness. Cut into rounds with floured 3-inch biscuit cutter. Reshape dough scraps, working dough as little as possible, and cut into additional dough rounds as directed. Place, 2 inches apart, on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm.