- Albrecht's Delafield Sentry
- 3255 Golf Road, Delafield, WI 53018
- Phone: 262-646-9483
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 pound ground sirloin beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1 med = 1/2 cup)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 cloves = about 1 tsp)
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes, drained, divided
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (1 cup = 4 oz)
- 1 can (4 oz each) diced green chilies, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup reduced fat (2%) milk
- 1 pkg (8.5 oz each) corn muffin mix
- 1 cup drained canned whole kernel corn
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray; set aside. Brown meat with onions, bell peppers and garlic in large skillet over medium-high heat; drain. Remove 1/4 cup of the diced tomatoes for later use; set aside. Add remaining diced tomatoes, the corn, half of the green chilies, the salt and pepper to meat mixture; mix well. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon into prepared pie plate; set aside.
- Beat egg and milk in medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Add corn muffin mix; stir just until moistened. Add remaining green chilies, the reserved 1/4 cup diced tomatoes and the cheese; mix well. Spoon evenly over meat mixture in pie plate. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center of the cornbread layer comes out clean. Cut into 6 wedges to serve.