- Albrecht's Delafield Sentry
- 3255 Golf Road, Delafield, WI 53018
- Phone: 262-646-9483
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 pound swordfish or halibut steaks (1 steak = 8 oz)
- Hot pepper sauce and/or lemon wedges, optional
- 1/2 medium tomato, seeded, finely chopped (1/2 med = about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon Pure Wesson® Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat broiler. Place tomatoes and bell peppers in blender container; cover. Blend until almost smooth; set aside.
- Add oil to small nonstick skillet; heat over medium heat 1 minute. Add celery, onions, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and the garlic; cook 7 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Add tomato mixture, oregano, basil, thyme, sugar and salt; mix well. Season with hot pepper sauce to taste, if desired. Cook 4 minutes, or until thickened, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
- Cut each fish steak crosswise in half. Spray broiler pan and rack with cooking spray. Place fish on rack; sprinkle evenly with the remaining 3 teaspoons lemon juice.
- Broil, 4 to 6 inches from heat, 4 to 6 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with fork. Top each fish piece with about 2 tablespoons of the tomato mixture. Serve with the lemon wedges, if desired.