- Albrecht's Delafield Sentry
- 3255 Golf Road, Delafield, WI 53018
- Phone: 262-646-9483
- 2 pkgs (9 oz each) refrigerated cheese tortellini, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon Pure Wesson® Vegetable Oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1 med = about 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes in Sauce, undrained
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions; cook and stir 3 minutes, or until tender. Stir in tomatoes with their sauce, the sugar and sage. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour cream into small bowl. Gradually add 1 cup of the hot tomato mixture, stirring constantly with wire whisk until well blended. Add to remaining tomato mixture in saucepan; stir until well blended. Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta; place on serving platter. Top with the tomato mixture.