- Albrecht's Delafield Sentry
- 3255 Golf Road, Delafield, WI 53018
- Phone: 262-646-9483
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pkg (18 oz each) firm tofu, drained, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup thin bias-cut green onions
- 1-1/4 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1-1/2 cups chopped portobello mushrooms
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Petite Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons La Choy® Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- Preheat oven to 160°F or warm. Spray 9x9-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Stir together cornstarch, salt and pepper in shallow bowl; coat tofu cubes with mixture.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add coated tofu in single layer; sprinkle with remaining cornstarch mixture. Cook, without turning, 8 to 10 minutes or until browned; shake skillet once or twice while cooking to loosen tofu from skillet. Turn tofu over with turner and cook 3 to 4 minutes more or until browned. Remove tofu from skillet and place in baking pan.
- Add onions and mushrooms to skillet; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until onions are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add undrained tomatoes, sugar and soy sauce to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Pour tomato mixture over tofu. Place in warm oven 30 minutes to allow tofu to absorb flavor from the sauce. Sprinkle with green onions and serve.