- Albrecht's Delafield Sentry
- 3255 Golf Road, Delafield, WI 53018
- Phone: 262-646-9483
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper (1 cup = about 1 large)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano, undrained
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pkg (16 oz each) dry whole wheat rotini, uncooked
- 2 bags (5 oz each) baby arugula or baby spinach
- 1 can (15 oz each) cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook 3 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add bell pepper and garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until pepper is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add undrained tomatoes, beans, vinegar, salt and red pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer 10 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt. About 1 minute before pasta is done, add arugula. Drain pasta mixture and return to pan.
- Add tomato-bean mixture to pasta; toss together. Serve topped with cheese.