- Albrecht's Delafield Sentry
- 3255 Golf Road, Delafield, WI 53018
- Phone: 262-646-9483
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup Parkay® Original-stick, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 30 blanched whole almonds
- 25 drop red liquid food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Beat Parkay and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, mix well. Gradually add flour and salt; beating on low speed after each addition.
- Roll dough into 3-inch-long finger shapes; place on prepared baking sheets. Press an almond firmly into one end of each to resemble fingernails. Squeeze in center of each to create knuckle shapes, and use a small sharp knife to make lines in several places to resemble knuckles.
- Mix 25 drops of food coloring into 1-1/2 tablespoons water in a small bowl. Paint almonds with food coloring using a clean artist’s brush.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool on baking sheets on wire racks 3 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.