- Albrecht's Delafield Sentry
- 3255 Golf Road, Delafield, WI 53018
- Phone: 262-646-9483
- 1 cup dry brown lentils, sorted, rinsed
- 4 cups water
- 8 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 1 can (15 oz each) Manwich® Original Sloppy Joe Sauce
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped carrot
- Combine lentils and water in large saucepan. Cover; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, chop carrot and add to lentils when they come to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 20 minutes or until lentils are tender. Drain.
- Stir in Sloppy Joe sauce and brown sugar; simmer 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Place about 1/2 cup lentil mixture on each bun bottom and close with top. Serve immediately.