- Albrecht's Delafield Sentry
- 3255 Golf Road, Delafield, WI 53018
- Phone: 262-646-9483
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pkgs (14 oz each) extra firm tofu, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 2 cans (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2 bags (10 oz each) yellow tortilla chips
- 4 medium ears fresh sweet corn, husks removed
- 1 can (15 oz each) black beans, heated
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 large avocado, pitted, peeled, diced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper, divided
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over high heat and sear the tofu on each side until it is golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add 1 can of tomatoes to a blender and puree until smooth. Add pureed tomatoes to the pan with the tofu along with the remaining can of undrained tomatoes. Stir in the cumin, chili powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper; keep warm.
- To cook the corn, place it directly on a hot grill (450° to 550°) and cook on all sides until the kernels turn bright yellow and begin to lightly brown, about 8 to 10 minutes total. Trim the corn off the eat and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over high heat. Add the peppers and onions and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until just browned. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Season the beans with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Place 1/2 to 3/4 cup of sofritas over some tortilla chips and garnish with grilled corn, beans, peppers and onions and avocados.