- Albrecht's Delafield Sentry
- 3255 Golf Road, Delafield, WI 53018
- Phone: 262-646-9483
- 2 green onions, sliced (2 each = about 1/2 cup)
- 1 small yellow or white onion, finely chopped (1 small = about 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup Ultragrain® White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- 1 cup fat free or low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Egg Beaters® Original
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup bran flake cereal, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, optional
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Ultragrain® All Purpose Flour
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 8-1/2 x 4-1/2-inch loaf pan with cooking spray; set aside. Spray small nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add yellow and green onions; cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, onion powder and marjoram in large bowl; set aside. Beat buttermilk, Egg Beaters and oil in small bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Stir in onions. Add to flour mixture; beat with electric mixer on medium speed 1 minute, stopping after 30 seconds to scrape bottom and side of bowl. Pour into prepared pan; top with the cereal. Sprinkle evenly with chives, if desired.
- Bake 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove from pan to wire rack; cool completely.