- Albrecht's Delafield Sentry
- 3255 Golf Road, Delafield, WI 53018
- Phone: 262-646-9483
- 1 pound fresh or frozen blackberries, thawed, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-3/4 cups non-alcoholic sparkling white wine, divided
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Reddi-wip® Fat Free Dairy Whipped Topping and mint leaves, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup Egg Beaters® Original (1 cup = 8 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Divide 1-1/4 cups of the blackberries evenly among 8 (10-ounce) wine glasses. Press remaining blackberries through sieve. Discard seeds; set juice aside.
- Mix cornstarch and 1/4 cup wine in small bowl; set aside. Pour remaining 1-1/2 cups wine into medium saucepan; bring to boil over medium-high heat. Stir in maple syrup, vanilla, almond extract and the cornstarch mixture. Return to boil. Cook 30 seconds, or until thickened, stirring constantly. Cool slightly; set aside.
- Heat about 1 inch of water in medium saucepan over medium heat just until steaming. (Do not bring to boil.) Set a medium metal bowl on top to create a double boiler. Reduce heat to medium-low. Pour sugar and Egg Beaters into bowl; beat constantly with wire whisk 3 minutes, or until mixture is thickened and more than tripled in volume.
- Add gradually to Egg Beaters mixture, stirring constantly with wire whisk until well blended. Remove from heat. Add about 3/4 of the blackberry juice; stir until well blended. Spoon over blackberries in glasses. Drizzle with the remaining juice.
- Serve warm topped with Reddi-wip and mint leaf, if desired.