- Albrecht's Delafield Sentry
- 3255 Golf Road, Delafield, WI 53018
- Phone: 262-646-9483
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Canola Oil, divided
- Naan Bread, optional
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (2 1/2-inch) Serrano peppers, finely chopped with seeds
- 1-1/2 cups dry red lentils, sorted, rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (13.5 oz each) coconut milk
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- Cilantro, chopped, optional
- Plain Greek Yogurt, optional
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into small florets (about 5 cups)
- In a deep 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add cauliflower and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned; set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add remaining oil. Sauté onion 2 minutes until soft. Add garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add cumin, turmeric, coriander, salt and serrano peppers; stir well and cook 1 minute or until spices are fragrant. Add lentils, stir well to coat. Stir in diced tomatoes and broth; bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low, simmer 12 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk, carrots and cauliflower. Simmer 10 minutes. Add peas and continue to simmer 5 minutes.
- If desired, top with chopped cilantro and serve with yogurt and warm naan bread.