- Albrecht's Delafield Sentry
- 3255 Golf Road, Delafield, WI 53018
- Phone: 262-646-9483
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 pound boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1 can (15 oz each) chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 4 cups chopped fresh kale
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) or 1 can (28 oz) Hunt's® Petite Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14 oz each) chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Spray inside of 3 to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray; set aside. Spray medium skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add pork; brown on all sides.
- Layer, in order, the carrot, pork, garlic, bay leaves, oregano, thyme, crushed red pepper, onion, chickpeas, kale and undrained tomatoes in slow cooker. Add chicken broth and water.
- Cover; cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours or until meat is tender. Remove pork, shred and stir back into soup. Remove and discard bay leaves.