- Albrecht's Delafield Sentry
- 3255 Golf Road, Delafield, WI 53018
- Phone: 262-646-9483
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Powdered sugar, to taste
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (semisweet, bittersweet or milk chocolate)
- 1 tablespoon Whipped Butter (see Cook's Tip)
- 4 slices bread, such as challah or brioche, cut thick
- Preheat the waffle iron on high. Preheat the oven on its lowest setting.
- In a pie pan or deep dish, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla and salt.
- Place 2 slices of bread in the egg mixture and soak them until they've absorbed some of the liquid, 30 seconds. Flip the slices and soak them for another 30 seconds.
- Coat both sides of the waffle iron grid with nonstick spray. Place a slice of soaked bread on the waffle iron and pile a little less than half of the chocolate chips on the slice. Top with the second slice of soaked bread, close the waffle iron, and cook until the bread is golden brown and the chocolate is melted, 3 to 4 minutes. There should be no trace of uncooked egg mixture.
- Remove the French toast from the waffle iron and repeat Steps 3 and 4 to make the second batch. Place the finished French toast in the oven to keep it warm.
- Slice the French toast into quarters. Pop open the "pocket" in each quarter and stuff the remaining chocolate chips into the opening. The residual heat will melt the chocolate.
- Top each portion with the Whipped Butter and dust with the powdered sugar before serving.