- Albrecht's Delafield Sentry
- 3255 Golf Road, Delafield, WI 53018
- Phone: 262-646-9483
- 2 russet (baking) potatoes, about 10 ounces each, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat waffle iron. If it has temperature controls, set it to medium.
- Squeeze shredded potato with a towel until it's as dry as possible.
- In a mixing bowl, combine shredded potato, salt and pepper.
- Coat both sides of the waffle iron grid with nonstick spray.
- Pile shredded potatoes into waffle iron, over-stuffing it a bit, and close lid. (The pressure of the lid will compress the potatoes and help them emerge as a cohesive, waffled unit.) Cook for 2 minutes, then press down on lid to further compress potatoes (be careful, lid may be hot).
- Continue cooking potatoes for 5 minutes longer, then begin checking them. They are ready when potatoes are golden brown all over, about 1 to 2 minutes longer. Serve hot with eggs or any other breakfast foods.