- Albrecht's Delafield Sentry
- 3255 Golf Road, Delafield, WI 53018
- Phone: 262-646-9483
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- Preheat a Belgian or standard waffle iron on medium.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar with an electric hand mixer until mostly smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, then continue beating until they're fully incorporated.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Add these dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until few streaks of flour remain.
- Add the oats and chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Coat both sides of the waffle iron grid with nonstick spray.
- Place a heaping tablespoon of dough onto each waffle section, allowing room for the cookies to spread. Close the lid and cook until the cookies are set and beginning to brown. This won't take very long - 2 or 3 minutes, depending on the heat of your waffle iron. The cookies should be soft when you remove them and will firm up as they cool.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- Repeat Steps 6 through 8 until the remaining batter has been waffled.