- Albrecht's Delafield Sentry
- 3255 Golf Road, Delafield, WI 53018
- Phone: 262-646-9483
- 2 ounces (about 1 cup) fresh baby spinach, finely chopped
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted (see Cook's Tip)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat the waffle iron on medium. Preheat the oven on its lowest setting.
- Combine the spinach, cheese, nuts, garlic and thyme in a small bowl. Smash them together with a fork until the filling is more cohesive and easier to handle. Coat both sides of the waffle iron grid with nonstick spray.
- Make a horizontal cut into the thickest portion of each chicken breast half to form a pocket. Be careful not to cut all the way through. Divide the stuffing mixture into 4 portions and fill each pocket, leaving a margin at the edge so the pocket can close.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place as many pieces as will fit in the waffle iron as far away from the hinge as possible. (This allows the lid to press down on the chicken more evenly.) Close the lid.
- Cook the chicken for 7 minutes before checking it. If the breasts are thick, you may need to rotate the meat 180 degrees at this point and continue cooking for another 3 minutes. The chicken should be golden brown and no pink should remain inside. Cut into the thickest part to check, if necessary. (If you're using an instant-read thermometer, the internal temperature of the meat should reach 165°F.)
- Remove the chicken from the waffle iron and repeat Step 5 with any remaining chicken. Keep cooked chicken warm in the oven. Serve warm.