- Albrecht's Delafield Sentry
- 3255 Golf Road, Delafield, WI 53018
- Phone: 262-646-9483
- PAM® Baking Spray
- 1 cup Fleischmann's® Original-stick, divided (1 cup = 2 sticks)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 cups chopped dried plums
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted
- 1 pkg (18.5 oz each) yellow cake mix
- 1 pkg (3.4 oz each) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1-1/4 cups water, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 12 mini-bundt pan cups (or 6 mini loaf pans (5-3/4 x 3-1/4 x 2-inch) with baking spray.
- Combine 1/2 cup (1 stick) of the Fleischmann's with sugar in small saucepan over medium heat. When Fleischmann's is melted, add dried plums, 1/4 cup of the water and rum. Increase heat to high and bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 2 to 3 minutes or until consistency of syrup, stirring frequently. Drain plum mixture, reserving syrup.
- Combine drained plums and nuts in small bowl; evenly distribute into bottoms of prepared pans.
- Melt the remaining 1/2 cup (1 stick) Fleischmann's; combine with dry cake mix, dry pudding mix, the remaining 1 cup water and the eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Increase to medium speed and beat 2 minutes longer. Spoon batter evenly into pans over fruit.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes for mini-bundt pans (25 to 30 minutes for loaf pans), or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 2 minutes. Run thin knife around edges of cakes. Remove from pans and place on a wire rack. Prick top of cakes with toothpick in several areas. Reheat reserved syrup over medium heat and brush over tops and sides of cakes. Cool completely. Serve with a dollop of Reddi-wip, if desired.